We’re looking for an experienced and proactive field-based Business Development Manager to join our Sales & Marketing team. Our BDMs develop and maintain relationships with mortgage brokers, intermediaries, IFA’s and mortgage clubs, by providing outstanding service and proposition knowledge in order to increase business volumes and achieve objectives and targets in a compliant manner.
As a regional building society, we serve the underserved areas of the mortgage market. This means we work hard to support brokers with complex cases that don’t fit with more mainstream lenders. Our team ethos is to identify ways we can provide brokers with solutions both quickly and honestly. This is a role within an established Sales & Marketing team, and requires someone with a proactive, determined and self-motivated approach.
In this role you will:
- Work within the North West of England which will include, but is not limited to, Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield and Leeds areas.
- Achieve targeted volume of completed mortgages.
- Achieve targeted volume of daily intermediary appointments.
- Provide a point of reference and contact for intermediaries to discuss the Society’s products, lending criteria and specific mortgage cases, both during and outside of normal office hours.
- Provide input into the product development process and the on-going development of the intermediary sales strategy.
- Provide feedback to the Society in respect of the intermediaries’ views on the Society’s products and service levels.
- Increase the Society’s profile with intermediaries.
- Consistently provide exceptional customer service and support to intermediaries.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the Society’s Lending Policy, product range and USP’s.
- Maintain a good knowledge of competitor products and product developments.
- Ensure a consistently high quality of work while complying with regulatory legislation and the Society’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure good awareness of Society processes, and regulatory legislation such as MCOBS.
- This role requires a commitment to working unsociable hours from time to time as required.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Current and relevant experience of working in a Business Development role within the residential intermediary mortgage market.
- Current network of residential mortgage intermediary contacts.
- The ability to develop and maintain exceptional relationships and contacts with registered mortgage intermediaries.
- An excellent understanding/knowledge of the residential mortgage market, and the financial services industry.
- A passion for sales with a proven track record of achieving/exceeding sales objectives and targets.
- Self-motivation and is a results driven individual with a proactive and determined approach to increase the Society’s intermediary mortgage business.
- The ability to provide excellent customer service and to embrace the principles of Treating Customers Fairly, Consumer Duty and the Society’s values.
- The ability to prioritise workload, follow procedures, and manage time in order to produce accurate, timely and thorough work.
- Good knowledge of regulatory legislation such as MCOB.
- The ability to lead by example demonstrating a positive attitude at all times.
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- The ability to challenge existing processes where necessary and to be able to contribute to mortgage product development.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication, including interpersonal skills, with people at all levels of business.
- The ability and is willing to adopt flexible working patterns to ensure all Society deadlines are met, and to meet out of hours requirements for intermediary contact and relationship development.
- Excellent administrative skills with a high level of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook knowledge
- Excellent time keeping and attendance
- 5 GCSE’s at grades 9-4 or A* - C (or equivalent) including Maths and English Language
- Ideally CeMap qualified
- Full UK driving licence (essential)
Salary: up to £50,000 depending on experience and skills, plus car allowance
Location: Field based / North West which will include, but is not limited to, Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield and Leeds areas.
Hours: Permanent full time position, working 35 hours per week
Why join us at the Tipton?
Located in the heart of the Black Country, here at the Tipton & Coseley Building Society we've created a working environment where employees can pursue worthwhile and rewarding careers, where creativity and productivity are encouraged, recognised and valued. Our head office is based in the centre of Tipton, with local amenities including a local park and canal suitable for lunch time walks and a local train station connecting to nearby city centres including Wolverhampton and Birmingham.
Being a smaller building society, you will have access to all decision makers. Our open and approachable stance means you will cross paths with senior team members and your thoughts, recommendations, and ways of thinking differently will be respected and considered.
Our benefits include:
- Car allowance
- Individual incentive scheme
- 27 days’ annual leave plus public bank holidays
- Staff annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Pension contribution
- Life assurance of 4 x basic salary
- Private Healthcare*
- Permanent Health Insurance*
- Health Cash Plan
- Access to internal Mental Health First Aiders
- Access to a Wellbeing hub and Employee assistance programme
- Celebration days
- Volunteering opportunities
- Benefit Hub subscription: giving access to a wide range of discounts across many different sectors
*Access may be subject to length of service achievement
Applications: If you would like to apply, please send your full CV with a covering letter indicating your suitability for the role.
Tipton & Coseley Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are firmly committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace in which all employees are valued, respected, safe, supported, and listened to without judgement or prejudice. We celebrate difference and encourage everyone to join us and be themselves at work. Please let us know if you need reasonable adjustments for any part of the recruitment process and we will be happy to assist.
To view our Recruitment Privacy Notice, please click here: https://www.thetipton.co.uk/media/2049/recruitment-privacy-notice.pdf