Mortgage UnderwriterPosted on
A new opportunity has arisen to join our mortgage team. You will be part of a team that is driving change to create a seamless mortgage application process for both direct and introduced business. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will question existing processes and procedures and offer suggestions and alternatives through the use of our values and help us achieve our mortgage target. This is a full time position working 35 hours per week. Options to partly work from home will be available.
- Manage new applications received from direct and brokers, requesting outstanding information, ensuring high levels of accuracy and attention to detail making sure all applications are fully compliant and processed in a timely manner.
- Review all the information in accordance with the lending policy, evaluating aspects such as income and valuation reports before making a recommendation on the underwriting of the application.
- Proactively provide customers with updates and ensure required information is requested within service levels agreed.
- Communicate with a wide range of people, including, but not restricted to Solicitors, introducers, valuers, and estate agents.
- Keep contacts and customer up to date on cases.
- Proactively reviewing pipeline cases to ensure they are managed effectively.
- Responsible for the issuing a Mortgage Offer in an accurate, concise, and timely manner.
To be successful you will have:
- Good administrative skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A willingness to embrace new technology as required including the use of Laserfiche our paperless software.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and manage time in order to produce accurate and thorough work whilst working to deadlines. At times this will involve working beyond normal contracted hours in order to achieve personal and Departmental targets.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral with a mature, credible and comfortable approach dealing with all third parties and colleagues.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and to embrace the principles of Treating Customers Fairly and GREAT.
- Excellent time keeping and attendance and flexible with time in order to ensure that the Department meets its objective
- Ability to engage with others and be a team player.
- A zest for new experiences, responsibilities and accountability.
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 5 individual GCSE’s at grades A* to C (or equivalent) including Maths and English Language.
- Experience of administrative work to a high standard within a similar organisation, or able to show a good understanding of what such an administrative role entails.
- CeMap or willingness to study and complete this Qualification.
Salary: Competitive (depending on experience)
If you would like to apply, please email your full CV with a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the role by close of business on 24 June 2021.
To view our Recruitment Privacy Notice, please click on the link below