Mortgage UnderwriterPosted on
This is an opportunity to work with a team responsible for driving change to create a seamless mortgage application process. This role is a customer focused role, dedicated to underwriting and processing mortgage applications from across the Society’s product range for both direct and intermediary business.
Salary: Up to £30,000
Location: Tipton, DY4.
Hours: 35 hours per week
- Manage new applications to ensure high levels of accuracy, making sure all applications are fully compliant and processed in a timely manner.
- Review applications in accordance with the Society’s lending policy and making a recommendation on the underwriting of the application.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to proactively provide updates and progress the case within the agreed SLA’s.
- Proactively reviewing and managing pipeline cases.
- Issuing Mortgage Offer’s in an accurate, concise, and timely manner.
Skills you need:
- Good administrative skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft suite.
- Adaptable to new technology as required, including the use of Laserfiche.
- Excellent workload prioritisation, attendance and time management skills.
- Ability to produce accurate work whilst working to deadlines (at times this may involve working beyond contracted hours).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with a mature, credible and comfortable approach dealing with all third parties and colleagues.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and to embrace the principles of Treating Customers Fairly and GREAT.
To be successful you will have:
- A minimum of 5 individual GCSE’s at grade C or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English Language.
- Experience of administrative work to a high standard within a similar organisation, or able to show a good understanding of what such an administrative role entails.
- CeMap or willingness to study and complete this Qualification.
Our head office is based in the heart of Tipton, with many local amenities including a local park and canal suitable for lunch time walks, food vendors nearby and a local train station connecting to nearby city centres including Wolverhampton and Birmingham City Centre.
Being a smaller building society, you will have access to all decision makers. Our open and approachable stance means you will cross paths with senior team members daily and your thoughts, recommendations and ways of thinking differently will always be respected and considered.
Other benefits include:
- Staff annual bonus scheme
- Pension contribution
- Internal Mental Health First Aiders
- Benefit Hub subscription: giving access to a wide range of discounts across many different sectors
- Celebrating success of our employees
- Free parking
- 23 days annual leave plus public bank holidays
- Eyecare vouchers
If you would like to apply, please email your full CV with a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the role by close of business on 1 September 2021.
To view our Recruitment Privacy Notice, please click here.