Trainee Mortgage Sales AdviserPosted on
Trainee Mortgage Sales Adviser
Job description: To provide the Society’s members and customers with suitable mortgage advice in line with our policies and procedures to ensure a good customer outcome.
Salary: £18,500 to £23,500
Location: Tipton, DY4.
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday to Saturday
- Provide our members and customers with suitable and compliant mortgage advice
- Consistently provide exceptional customer service and support to our customers
- Maintain a consistent high level of quality of work with record keeping, administration and QA monitoring and competency targets.
- Contribute in achieving team objectives/targets being able to demonstrate how direct sales have contributed to the Society’s advance target.
- Ensure that all new business opportunities are accurately recorded and actively pursued
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant matters and procedures and be fully aware of the implications of any regulatory legislation e.g. MCOB, AML, GDPR and FCA regulations
- Continually seek opportunities to refer new customers to our key business partners.
- Support the Society’s Business Retention team to ensure the Society achieves its retention target
Skills you need:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and to embrace the principles of Treating Customers Fairly and GREAT.
- Able to prioritise workload, follow procedures, and manage time to produce accurate, timely and thorough work
- An appreciation of the residential mortgage market, and the financial services industry
- A passion for sales with a proven track record of achieving/exceeding sales objectives and targets
- Ability to work on own initiative, engage with others and be a team player.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication, including interpersonal skills, with people at all levels of business
- Focused individual with an approachable, friendly disposition using discretion always
- Excellent time keeping and attendance being flexible with time to ensure individual/team targets are met.
To be successful you will have:
- CeMap qualified
- A minimum of 5 individual GCSE’s at grades A* - C (or equivalent) including Maths and English Language
- Excellent administrative skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Our head office is based in the heart of Tipton, with many local amenities including a local park and canal suitable for lunch time walks, food vendors nearby and a local train station connecting to nearby city centres including Wolverhampton and Birmingham City Centre.
Being a smaller building society, you will have access to all decision makers. Our open and approachable stance means you will cross paths with senior team members daily and your thoughts, recommendations and ways of thinking differently will always be respected and considered.
Other benefits include:
- Staff annual bonus scheme
- Pension contribution
- Internal Mental Health First Aiders
- Benefit Hub subscription: giving access to a wide range of discounts across many different sectors
- Celebrating success of our employees
- Free parking
- 23 days annual leave plus public bank holidays
- Eyecare vouchers
If you would like to apply, please email your full CV with a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the role by close of business on 29 October 2021.
To view our Recruitment Privacy Notice, please click here.